CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
A family is belonging to and believing in each other.

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Front Yard


The flowers, shrubs, edging and rock underneath the
living room window.



The flowers and edging around the tree in our front yard.



Our house with the sod. I don't think I have posted a
picture of our sod. It is growing together really well and it is
starting to not look like sod anymore. YEAH!!!

Now that it is officially summer, I woke up at 6:00 this morning and have been working out in the yard since 6:30 a.m. I thought you were supposed to sleep in during the summer. Anyway, sleeping in for me is until only 7:00 or 7:30. We put sod in the front and back yard about 5 weeks ago and we are LOVING it!!! I love having grass! Today I have been working on the part in front of the living room window (the big one). I planted flowers in the front and toward the back I bought coblestone edging and put that behind the flowers and then bought two dwarf spruce trees and planted those and then bought tons of decorative rock and filled in behind the edging and the shrubs. I am really quite proud of myself. This is the first time I have ever planted or done anything in the yard besides, planting flowers in pots. I also planted flowers around a tree in our front yard. It only took me two trips to Home Depot and it didn't cost me an arm and a leg! My next project is to weed and do edging and plant flowers underneath Baylin and Peyton's windows in the front. They are the two small windows on the left of the picture. I am hoping I will be able to do that before we leave for Mexico on Friday.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Martha Stewart, oh I mean Megan, great job. Your yard looks fantastic. You and Nolan have made your house a home. I love it.
Mom

Hayley said...

You did a great job - that looks really good! Your kids will love to play on the grass.