CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
A family is belonging to and believing in each other.

Monday, February 4, 2008

President Monson...Our Beloved Prophet


Wow! What a week it has been for our church. With the death of our beloved Prophet President Gordon B. Hinckley; came mixed emotions in the Grover home. It brought saddness, joy, and peace to our home. We all knew that President Monson would take over as our prophet, seer and revelator. What a comfort to know who would become our leader. We are so blessed to belong to a church that is so organized. I am so excited to get to know President Monson as our prophet. I have faith that he will do great and marvelous things for our church. I am so grateful to have the knowledge I have about the Gospel andto have been raised my goodly parents who love the Lord and have taught me to do the same. I hope that as a mother and I can raise my children in righteousness.



With all my heart and the fervency of my soul, I lift up my voice in testimony as a special witness and declare that God does live. Jesus is His Son, the Only Begotten of the Father in the flesh. He is our Redeemer; He is our Mediator with the Father. He it was who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He became the firstfruits of the Resurrection. Because He died, all shall live again. “Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives: ‘I know that my Redeemer lives!’ ” May the whole world know it and live by that knowledge.
Thomas S. Monson, “I Know That My Redeemer Lives!,” Ensign, May 2007, 22–25

No comments: