CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
A family is belonging to and believing in each other.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Will Stand For Truth and Righteousness...

I have a new calling. I have been serving as a primary teacher for almost a year now teaching the kids 7 turning 8 and I have enjoyed it. Last Sunday I was called as the Young Women's Secretary. I was a little surprised by the calling but I am extremely excited for it! Today was my first day of Young Women's and they made me feel very welcome. I feel like this is where I am supposed to be at this time. We have a busy time ahead for the young women. Youth Conference and Girls Camp all fall in June this year! For those for you who know me really well, yes I am going to Girls Camp and I am actually excited to go as a leader!!! We have a great theme for camp and I think it is going to be GREAT!!! For Youth Conference we are going to Snow College for activities. Go Badgers!!! It is just an overnight trip but I am looking forward to that as well. When did they add Virtue to the Young Women Values??? Today they said it and I had no clue. I knew they added Strengthen Home and Family to the YW theme but I had not idea Virtue was now a value. That just goes to show you what our world has come to and what our young men and women are faced with! They are in a constant battle. Please pray for all the YM and YW that they will have strength to conquer!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey congrats! I just got released from young womens after 2 years and I miss it. But now Im in primary. Looks like we just switched roles. Anyhow they just added virtue last month so your not too behind things. Anyhow you will do awesome in young womens! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You will love YW. It is soooo time consuming, but very rewarding!! I had no idea they added virute until a couple of weeks ago:) Your kids are so adorable....hope to see you at the Sociable!

Krista said...

Meg,
Congratulations!! You will be fantanstic there. Those young women are so LUCKY!

They just added "virtue" this year so it's new for everyone!

Jessica said...

This is Jessica Nolans cousin, Congrats! That is exactly what I did went from that very primary calling to the YW sec. I loved it since I hadn't anything to do withit since I was in YW. Sec can be different , it all depends on what your pres wants you to do. I did an awesome monthly newsletter. I also got to go to youth conf and girls camp- no kids then. I found I did get toknow the girls, hadn't anything to do w/the teenagers in ward but realy I learned more about working with adults in behalf of youth it was cool. I miss that calling I was only there for a year and now I'm VT coordinater which isn't near so fun!

Lacey Sue said...

Oh Megan!!! That brings back such FANTASTIC memories of our good old days in young womens. I love Young Womens, its such a wonderful chance to be an inspiration and an example to the youth of the church! You are going to ROCK this calling...when did we get old enough to be the teachers and not the youth being taught...??!?!?!

Maris Scott said...

Congrats! That is my calling and I love it so much! You will do such a great job and the young women will love you

Ashley and Brett said...

Megs thats so fun! You will be great. They keep changing the theme, I didn't know they added virtue either!

Rachel said...

Yay for YW! I'm 2nd counselor in our ward. I love the girls, I feel like I'm just one of them. We went to Snow College last year for Youth Conference and it was a blast. At the dance the girls said I had to hang out with them and they had a bet going on to see how many boys would ask me to dance, thinking I was a YW. No boys asked me thank goodness.

They added Virtue just a couple of months ago. It's still hard to say it in the theme.